Thanks for visiting! This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure for more info.
It’s currently early spring and that means asparagus is now growing in backyard gardens, and probably yours too if you grow it. It also means that asparagus is “in season” from the grocery store.
This recipe for wrapped asparagus bundles in prosciutto is out of this world delicious. It is so easy to make and is also easy to eat way too much of! Of course I’m not speaking from experience or anything, right?
So how easy is it? Very easy!
It takes 15 minutes prep time and 5-8 minutes to cook in the oven, and even less time to eat them up!
All you need is some olive oil, vinegar, a slice of prosciutto per bundle of 3 asparagus, and some Romano cheese (or parm if that’s all you have) to sprinkle on top.
I don’t really have much more to say about the recipe. I think it’s a perfect recipe for entertaining for parties or holidays, or simply to dress up any Italian meal.
Here are a few thoughts/tips about this recipe
- Asparagus goes well with beef dishes, it also goes great with chicken recipes.
- I recommend 3 asparagus per bundle. I’ve seen some people avoid the bundle idea and wrap each asparagus with the prosciutto. I don’t like it this way, the bundles are easier to work with and the flavor of the prosciutto is not lost.
- Also the prosciutto which is not cheap, can go further per serving than a 1 to 1 ration of the asparagus and prosciutto.
- I bought my pack of prosciutto at a wholesale club I am a member of. I found their pricing to be fair. I also took what I had left over and froze it, so I wasn’t wasting the precious meat slices. 😊
Enjoy the recipe, let’s get started!
Asparagus Bundles Wrapped in Prosciutto
I love this easy, quick and delicious way to cook and serve asparagus by wrapping three at a time in slices of prosciutto. It is very simple and the end result is an extremely elegant display that will impress everyone!
- 18 medium asparagus if asparagus is very skinny, bundle one or two more per bundle.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp Italian cheese Romano or Parmesan
Clean and discard tough ends of the asparagus
Wrap three asparagus at a time with a single slice of prosciutto to create a bundle
Brush with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar
Lay flat in a baking pan and sprinkle the tops with the cheese
Bake at 400F for 5-6 minutes for thin stalks, and 8 minutes if they are thicker.
Serve warm and enjoy!
- For thinner stalks, feel free to bundle more than three at a time
- You want these to be slightly crunchy, not mushy, so do not over cook.
- When determining servings, simply divide the total of stalks available by 3. So for 6 servings, you'll want 18 medium sized stalks.
- You can mix the olive oil and balsamic vinegar together first if you want, or just brush each individually.