What I like about this recipe is the ability to use multiple vegetables to stuff with the orzo… oh yeah and because it’s really easy to prepare!
You can use bell peppers – green, yellow or red. You can use tomatoes or even stuff an eggplant by cutting it lengthwise and then scooping out the insides.
You can really add more herbs like some fresh basil when the growing season permits. I hope you enjoy the recipe!
Do not get this confused with my Italian stuffed cubanelle peppers recipe.
Remember to sign up for more recipes, product updates and videos through my newsletter!
- 4 bell peppers or tomatoes campana peperoni
- 1/2 Cup orzo orzo
- 1/3 lb ground beef or bison (more if you want) carne bovina di terra
- 4 cloves chopped garlic aglio
- 1/2 Cup fresh chopped parsley prezzemolo
- 1 pinch salt sale
- 3 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil olio extra vergine di oliva
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat large frying pan.
- Add garlic and saute for about 2 minutes
- Add meat and cook.
- Meanwhile start cooking the orzo in a sauce pan. Drain and set aside when finished.
- When meat is fully cooked, add a pinch of salt and the parsley. Mix well.
- Cut tops off vegetables and save to use as covers.
- Stuff vegetables with mixture and place lids ontop.
- Place vegetables in pre-greased baking dish and place in oven.
- Cook until vegetables are nice and soft. This can range from 25 – 40 minutes depending on the type and size of vegetables used.
- When finished, serve warm.