Here’s a great recipe I love to make called fettuccine alfredo with mushrooms. There’s a lot of people that probably disagree with my version of alfredo but this recipe is so simple and tastes great. You don’t need tons of heavy cream and you can make it right at home.
I totally recommend it.
What if You Don’t Like Mushrooms?
You can technically make it without the mushrooms, but that’s up to you. My version includes mushrooms and frankly, I’m not a huge mushroom fan, but I do like them in this dish.
Mushrooms and pasta compliment each other well, especially in ravioli dishes. You can check out my post on how to cook ravioli for tips.
My husband made this recipe for me, and it’s super simple so I asked him to recreate it so I could capture his measurements. In the original recipe he made, he used his own cream of mushroom soup which he swears by.
However, I don’t have time for that so I asked him to do it again using a can of mushroom soup (MSG free). Honestly, you can use it with cream of chicken soup too.
Some may say this recipe isn’t a true Alfredo, I’m fine with that. However I’m not sure what else to call it and it tastes great. You try it and be the judge!
Pasta Alfredo with Mushrooms
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup cream of chicken if you must
- 8 oz. chopped frozen spinach thawed and drained
- 1 TBLE butter
- 3/4 pound fettuccini pasta
- salt and pepper
- red pepper flakes optional
- grated Italian cheese
- In large frying pan melt butter over medium heat
- Add in drained spinach and saute for 5 min. over low heat
- Add can of mushroom soup and stir.
- Add in 1/4 cup of milk and stir.
- Simmer mixture for 15 minutes or so until mixed well. Make sure to stir occasionally.
- Meanwhile, cook fettuccini pasta according to package directions.
- When pasta is cooked, drain and transfer into frying pan.
- Toss with mushroom/spinach mixture and serve with grated Italian cheese.