Thanks for visiting! This post may contain affiliate links. You can read my disclosure for more info.
This dinner can literally be created by the time the pasta is done cooking in the water – I kid you not.
As some of you who follow me may know, I work full time, I also work on my site after hours plus I help my husband part time with his business when he needs the assistance. All three jobs I love, but let’s just say my time to cook is near to nothing.
So this recipe is perfect for anyone who wants a tasty meal without ordering out or resorting to cereal for dinner.
- Short pasta (penne, or farfalle, etc.)
- 1 Package Cascadian Farms Organic Garden Vegetable Medley (find this in the freezer section where they stock Organics)
- Grated Romano Cheese (Parmesan is fine too)
- 3 Fresh Chopped Tomatoes (optional)
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Bring big pot of water to a boil and start cooking pasta
- Meanwhile, in a large frying pan, heat about 3 Tablespoons of the olive oil over medium heat
- Add in the chopped tomatoes and cook down til soft. (if in a hurry, chop them real fine and squash them down with a spatula)
- Also add in the contents of the Garden Vegetable Medley (these will be frozen and you can nuke them for 2 minutes to thaw them faster if you want)
- Add in a little bit of pasta water if need be to prevent sticking and help cook with steam
- When pasta is done cooking drain and transfer the pasta to the frying pan with the veggies and give a good toss. (spare some pasta water in case the pasta is too dry!)
- Serve and top with the cheese.
- I used 3/4 pound farfalle pasta last night and it was enough for 4 servings.
The beauty with this is you can also add your own fresh veggies. I always keep on hand some frozen organic asparagus and so I chopped those up and added them right in.
You don’t need to add garlic! This box has enough of it, but it isn’t overpowering – it tastes and smells great.